Purpose: To act as a voting member of the board with full authority and responsibility to develop policies, procedures and regulations for the operation of the organization; to monitor the organization’s financial health, programs and overall performance.
The Full Board’s Responsibilities:
• Establish policy.
• Hire and evaluate the executive director.
• Secure adequate funding for Creative Living.
• Monitor finances.
• Create and update a long-range plan for Creative Living.
• Select and support the Creative Living board officers and periodically review their performances.
• Adopt key operating policies and procedures; approve contracts as appropriate.
Individual Board Member’s Duties:
• Attend all board meetings and activities, including special events and board retreats.
• Become knowledgeable about Creative Living.
• Come to board meeting well-prepared and well-informed about issues on the agenda.
• Contribute to meetings by expressing your point of view.
• Consider other points of view, make constructive suggestions and help the board make decisions that benefit the residents of Creative Living.
• Serve on at least one committee.
• Represent Creative Living to individuals, the public and other organizations.
• Support Creative Living through personal financial contributions.
• Assume board leadership roles when asked.
• Keep the executive director informed about any concerns the community has.